The PADI Drift Diver course.
(All courses are PADI and include basic diving equipment, diving insurance and certification fee)
The PADI drift diving specialty course introduces you to the magic carpet that will take you to a unique experience. This course shows you how to enjoy the currents of rivers and oceans “going with it”, staying with your partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are at all times.
The fun part
This type of diving is the closest thing to relaxation and the absence of effort. You simply slide forward and enjoy flying dynamically underwater while the current does the work.
What will you learn?
During the course of PADI diving certification in currents you will learn:
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems and associated dangers.
- An introduction to the equipment necessary for this specialty – buoys, ropes, reels.
- Buoyancy control, navigation and communication.
- The selection of the site and an overview of water currents – their causes and their effects.
- The techniques to stay close to your partner or in a group.
- Prerequisite for certification: PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or equivalent certification
- Minimum Age: 12
- Minimum open water training: 2 dives
Your next adventure
The specialist course in Buoyancy Domain PPB will help you to enjoy diving even more in currents. The ideal complement.